With over ten years of software development experience, I have supported all aspects of the software development life-cycle from requirements gathering to coding to project leadership. I would love to apply this experience as a volunteer for your organization. I am especially passionate about efforts to alleviate homelessness both in the United States and worldwide. Please see my dosier below for more information on my experience:
Recent Employment/Education History
Software Consultant: Clout.com
Developed and deployed a solution to automatically test and deliver revisions for four applications from Github to AWS servers. Supervised daily deployments. Built five development and five production AWS environments
Software Consultant: J.D. Power and Associates
2016 to 2017
Developed Perl programs to manage and manipulate files containing customer satisfaction data.
Adjunct Professor: Loyola Marymount University
2011 to 2015
Taught World Religions and Comparative Theology to approximately sixty students per semester.
Doctoral Student: Drew University
2006 to 2014
Earned a Ph.D. in the Anthropology of Religion with a 3.97 GPA.
Graduate Student: Claremont School of Theology
Completed a Master of Arts in Theological Studies with an emphasis in the philosophy of religion. During my matriculation, I maintained a 3.97 GPA.
Database Analyst / Database Administrator: Amgen
1992 to 2001
My work at Amgen illustrates my ability to contribute to an institution’s mission by supporting its IT infrastructure. Additionally, it suggests my ability to manage research projects. For this employer:
· I conducted a search for a project management tool for Amgen’s Information Management organization. I interviewed stakeholders, gathered requirements, evaluated ten products, and conducted a scenario-based comparison of two finalists.
· I re-wrote an application to read XML input. (The application prepares ~30,000 journal article abstracts a month for loading into web based literature databases.)
· I led a project team to specify, locate, and implement a document delivery system for Amgen Libraries. We gathered requirements, created a request for information, evaluated vendor responses, tested, purchased, configured, and installed a solution which increased efficiency by tracking of more than 6,000 requests for journal article copies per month.
· I developed tools for automating the maintenance of literature databases. Using object oriented techniques; I developed an Oracle based solution, which automated a manual process. During this time, I demonstrated the ability to rapidly develop and deploy useful components, which I later assembled into a web based, literature database administration system.
· As an Oracle database administrator, I led a project team in successfully diagnosing and remedying performance problems on one of the company’s primary database servers.
· As the U.S. project leader for the enhancement and implementation of a Standard Data Dictionary (SDD), I co-authored the project plan, requirements, and design and test documents and supervised a team of six developers. The SDD was used in Japan, the United Kingdom, and Thousand Oaks to maintain schemas for clinical trial databases eliminating the need for constructing one-off databases.
· 2005 to Present: Founding member and co-chair of the Ventura County Interfaith Community: This role requires that I develop relationships with local congregations, both Christian and non-Christian. VCIC leverages these relationships to promote dialogue and understanding amongst the various congregations by conducting a number of special events.
· 2011 to Present: Member of the Ecumenical and Interreligious Program Group for the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles
· 2016 to Present: Board member, United Parents: In this role, I collaborate with other board members to provide direction and guidance to this organization.