Social Coder Code of Conduct
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as volunteers pledge to making participation in our projects a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Social Coder has the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject any contribution that in its opinion is not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing Social Coder or its community. Examples of representing Social Coder or its community include using an official SocialCoder e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the Social Coder team at [email protected]
. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Social Coder is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Volunteers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of Social Coder’s leadership.