I'm a recent graduate with a B.S. in Computer Science looking for an opportunity to grow as a developer while helping make the world a little bit better for everyone.
Skills / Knowledge
- Linux shell
- Build automation (with Gradle)
- Version control (with Git)
- Object-oriented programming
- Functional programming
- Procedural programming
Radford University - Radford, VA - Computer Science B.S., 2016
- Data Structures & Analysis of Algorithms
- Computability Theory & Formal Languages
- Procedural Analysis & Design
- Calculus I, II, & III
- Probability & Statistics I
- Discrete Mathematics
- Language Paradigms
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems
- Web Programming I
Projects of Note
- Java program which can utilize either a brute force algorithm or a divide-and-conquer algorithm to find the closest pair of points on a two-dimensional plane and reports the amount of time taken to complete. Made a report comparing the average duration of each algorithm on datasets of various orders of magnutude with the expected durations given the complexity class to which the algorithm belongs and the number of elements in each dataset.
- Racket program which simulates CPU scheduler using multilevel queue scheduling.
- Interpreter for a simple language, written in Racket.
Operations Assistant, Radford Transit -- 2013-present
Perform a variety of supervisory duties for transit operations, including dispatch coverage, data collection, training of operators, public assistance, and investigation of accidents and other incidents.
Developed and maintained Runsheet Generator a program which reads data from a CSV file exported by employee scheduling software, and generates an Excel document used by transit office staff to keep track of daily vehicle assignments, shift changes, employee pay times, and training schedules.